Monday, September 17, 2012


One day during deer season my brother, dad and I were out in the cold, windy land in the middle of nowhere. We were just sitting there waiting for anything to move. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a deer hop out from behind the tree and sprint towards the next set of cedar trees, but all of a sudden it stopped and turned the other direction. I put the cross hairs on the deer, but I couldn’t see if it was a doe or buck, so I pulled of a shot off and missed just above it. I shot again and missed. Now I was down to two shots, so I had to use them wisely, but by then the deer ran off and I couldn’t spot him in the scope. I walked the fence and I spotted it behind a tree I got him in the scope and shot and hit her.  As I got there I realized it was a doe and it was small but it looked big in the scope. So I looked at the scope and I realized my brother had put it on 12 powers. After I shot it the hard part came, getting it to the pick –up.  When I found my dad we dragged it through a creek, up and then down a hill and then had to drag up to the pick up and throw it in there.                                                                                                                                     Once we get to the pick up we gutted it and we then went off to the butcher to get it made into deer stick. It was first deer and I was kind of embarrassed because everyone else got a buck and I got a little gimpy doe.  From this experience I learned that patience is everything.  This is important to me because this was the first time I got to hunting with my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment